Monday, February 4, 2013

Religion is a Mental Disorder

When I was in the process of writing this I had a difficult time deciding exactly what category I should list it under. While I was perusing the choices "Religious Education" came up...I thought that's perfect, what an oxymoron that is...religion and education, which also reminds me of my other favorite oxymoron, "Christian Science"...as if there ever could be such a thing.

I'm sure to theologians 'Christian Science' is a way to try and add logic and reason to an area where none exists. By adding the term 'science' to the term 'Christian' they have convinced themselves that there really is some scientific process for their beliefs. Although this form of mental masturbation may serve them in some way, to the rest of the rational and intelligent world it is nothing more than a joke.


Here are a few of my other favorite oxymoron's: Government Intelligence; Government Organization; Fair Tax; Temporary Tax Increase; Political Science; Civil War; Congressional Ethics; Federal Reserve; Resident Alien; Genuine Imitation; Same Difference; Passive Aggression; Microsoft Works, and who could forget, Jews for Hitler.


I'm not sure if 'Oxymoron' is the correct term...I think just plain ole moron describes this better...


http://www.squidoo.com/religion-is-a-mental-disorder 

No comments: